Join B'nai Israel!
We are committed to providing a welcoming atmosphere where you can develop a meaningful connection to Judaism. Our members are as diverse as the community in which we live. We are deeply committed to Jewish life and the value of Jewish tradition in our lives. For over 90 years we have built a sense of community right here in Gainesville, Florida. We welcome those who are born Jewish, Jews-by-choice, dual-faith families, LGBT individuals and families, singles, married and divorced members regardless of previous affiliation and background. We want you to be a part of our family!
Beyond intangible religious benefits, the benefits of membership include:
- High Holiday tickets for all members of your household
- Preferred registration and a reduced tuition rate at B’nai Israel Community Day School
- Participation in our youth education programs – Chavaya! A Great Jewish Experience, Judaica High School and United Synagogue Youth
- Invitation to the synagogue for all programs and activities and notification of special events
- Access to the synagogue for life cycle rituals
- Interment at the B’nai Israel cemetery at a member rate (member rate requires 3 years of continuous membership)
Considering membership? We invite you to meet Rabbi Kaiman, tour the synagogue with our executive director, and participate in a service, class or event with B'nai Israel members - we think you'll feel at home at B'nai Israel!